your DONATIONS are tax deductable!
You can make a monetary donation to Turtle Island Preserve using your credit card or a paypal account! Just click the yellow button above. Its ok if you don't have a Paypal account, just click the link that says "Use your credit card or bank account (where available)" to use Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
If you are making a donation for a specific project or need, you may state so during the donation process. Otherwise, your donation will go toward the most currently pressing needs of the preserve. Thank you for your donation!
We love old adages around here. Maybe you've heard "One man's trash is another man's treasure" or "One man gathers what another man spills" - Our personal favorite is: "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!" No matter how you put it... we can put to good use a lot of "Stuff" that would otherwise end up in a landfill. Many people have a lot of valuable "treasure" sitting around in basements or closets that are just waiting for a way to be upcycled, and repurposed. This wish-list isn't about purchaing new items from a store, as much as it is about repurposing, or saving useful items from landfills. "You just never know 'till you ask"... Therefore we introduce:
The Turtle Island Wish List
Current top items are (in no particular order):
- Snap-Traps to dispatch mice
- Canvas Tarps
- Old Cook Stoves
- Used - worn out horse shoes
- Book: Where there is no Doctor by: Hesperian Society
- first aid supplies of all kinds
- Small generators to run a variety of small power tools
- Lamp-globes for kerosene lamps - any and all
- Surveyor's transit
- Old telephones - not cordless -or ones that rely on electricity
- Long Distance Walkie Talkies
- Ham Radio
- Camera - High Quality professional camera
- Load of gravel ( or $250 donation)
- Diatomaceous earth - 10 - 50 lb bags of powder
- American Chestnut Trees
- Safety Glasses & Safety Glasses with Bifocals for the old geezers
- Salt (for people and/or animals)
- Hay for Horses
- Dog, Cat, and Goat Food
- "Pet meds" - de-wormer, flea and tick meds, etc...
- Mountain Bikes
- Large Deep Cycle 6V Batteries
- Golf Cart
- old dog leashes and collars
- hand / kitchen towels
Items to assist with the ongoing Micro-Hydro Electric Project and renewable energy education projects:
- Screen - Chicken wire and fine mesh (1/16" or less)
- Hot water tanks
- Cinder blocks
- 6" pipe for inlet to silt trap
- Pressure gauges
- Wire connectors
- Junction Boxes
- Make a sign demonstrating power produced CO2 displaced
- Locust post for stakes to support pipe on hillside
Other items that would still be greatly appreciated and greatly used include:
- Tools: i.e. hammers, saws, axes, loppers, pry bars, pliers, auto mechanic tools (even tools with broken parts that we can fix!)
- Boxes of nails, screws, washers, nuts, bolts, ropes, string, paints, thinners, varnish, oils, etc.
- Containers: canning jars, barrels, large cast iron or stainless steel cookware, etc.
- Other: Lanterns, large chalkboards, whisk brooms, and wool blankets
We hope that you get the picture: We can use most anything for the farm and our educational programs. We mean use! Our tools get worked every day. Thanks for considering giving to our efforts. We value your support!
Alternative ways to Donate: Sponsor a Camper
There are many ways you can contribute to Turtle Island. Becoming a camper sponsor is one of them. These funds go into a scholarship account and can be issued to a camper of your choice or one that we select based on need. We would be glad to show you the profiles on perspective campers in need so you can choose where your contribution goes. We get requests year-round to sponsor students for field trips, summer camps and over night excursions. Your contribution to the scholarship fund allows us to reach ever farther. Use our secure Turtle Island Preserve Summer Camp Scholarship "Donate" button (above), send check or money order through snail mail, or simply call for more details.
NEW! - Gift Donation:
For that special someone, we are now offering the gift of sponsorship. Choose a person to whom you'd like to offer a gift of charity on their behalf. We will use those funds to sponsor a child in need for our summer camp program - in that person's name. They will recieve a certificate of charity.. Click the DONATE tab to get started. This is a great alternative present to someone who seems hard to shop for.
Though we occasionally work with donors who wish to remain anonymous, it is through these acts that we are able to do so much. There are countless volunteers, throughout the year that help us keep things moving smoothly as well as many contributors that help us sustain financially. Through these contributions we can give scholarship enrollment to underprivileged families and offer programming at discounted rates to those in need. We'd like to thank all those unnamed helpers and give special recognition to those individuals willing to go the extra mile for a shared vision and cause.
Special thanks goes out to:
- Matt Heerwald - camp tuition sponsor
- Nancy Rich - camp tuition sponsor
- Michael Hagler - camp tuition sponsor
- Sabrina Linger - monetary donation
- Julian Trezise - monetary donation
- Kimberly Quattrucci - monetary donation
- Randy Cable - farm use truck
- Wayne McIlwain - wood cook stove
- Lisa Sirabella - camp tuition sponsor
- Ronnie and Amelia Pack - archery equipment
- Brian Brown- numerous contributions